Where to Find Help

Foreclosure Help

If you are in foreclosure or at risk of default, contact the following:

  • Legal Aid: 850-385-7900
  • Florida Bar Attorney referral service: 800-342-8011
  • Your mortgage servicer. For a list of servicers and their contact information, visit: www.makinghomeaffordable.gov

Loan Modification Help

If you want a loan modification or refinance under the national mortgage settlement, contact your servicer:

If you want a loan modification or refinance and your servicer was not one of the five under the consent judgment, you should contact your servicer anyway. Here is a list of servicer contact information: www.makinghomeaffordable.gov

Complaints Help

If you have a complaint about how your servicer is treating you, contact the following:

  • The Florida Attorney General’s Office: 866-966-7226
  • Fill out a complaint form/inquiry from our Inquiry page

Settlement Compensation Help

If you were foreclosed on between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2011 by one of the five mortgage servicers involved in the settlement, you may be eligible for some compensation. Visit our Inquiry page for more information.

Scam Help

If you have been scammed by a foreclosure rescue operator or a debt relief organization, contact the Florida Attorney General’s Office toll-free at 866-966-7226.

Tenant Help

If you are a tenant who lives in residence that was foreclosed upon, you can contact legal aid at 850-385-7900.

Military Help

If you are a service member experiencing mortgage trouble, contact Military OneSource at 1-800-342-9647.