In April of this year, Attorney General Pam Bondi announced an agreement where the drug manufacturers have agreed to provide special pricing and rebates for the life-saving medicines Narcan and Naloxone. These drugs can help reverse the effects of opioid overdoses. Information on how to take advantage of this special pricing and rebates is provided below.
- Eligible entities are police, first responders, governmental entities, and community-based organizations in Florida, subject to certain terms and conditions from Adapt Pharma. Eligible entities may want to check with their purchasing departments to ensure that they can purchase from alternative sources.
- Eligible purchases are for two doses of Narcan Nasal Spray bought directly from Adapt for $75.00, when purchased directly from Adapt in quantities greater than 48 units.
- Pricing is good throughout 2017.
- To purchase, eligible entities should call 1-844-4-NARCAN (844) 462-7226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eligible entities are government entities, public entities, or publicly-funded hospitals in Florida (“Governmental Entities”).
- This includes state agencies, law enforcement agencies and county or local government agencies.
- In the event that one eligible public entity purchases syringes and then sells them to another public entity, the last purchaser is eligible to receive the rebate.
- Rebate requests can only be submitted for Amphastar-manufactured naloxone syringes; the additional components of a naloxone kit (e.g., nasal aspirator) are not a part of the agreement.
- Submit to Amphastar a written accounting certifying the number of Naloxone Syringes purchased or reimbursed by the Governmental Entity during a given Calendar Quarter (a “Certified Request”), within sixty (60) days of the conclusion of the Calendar Quarter.
- Include in your Certified Request paid invoices or other reasonably adequate documentation of the number of Syringes purchased.
Amphastar shall pay the total accrued Payment Amounts to the submitting Governmental Entity within ninety (90) business days of receipt of a Certified Request.
If you have any questions about the agreement, please contact Nicholas J. Weilhammer with the Florida Attorney General’s Office at (850) 414-3634.