How To Protect Yourself While Shopping
Source: Florida Attorney General's Office
- Avoid shopping alone. Try to shop with a friend or relative.
- Park your vehicle in a well-lighted area. Put radar detectors and cellular telephones out of sight.
- Know your surroundings. Keep an eye on the people in front of as well as behind you.
- Carry your purse close to your body. Don't swing it loosely. Don't flash large amounts of cash.
- Walk with confidence. Avoid talking to strangers.
- Approach your vehicle with your keys already in your hand.
- Try not to carry too many packages. Place all packages out of sight in your vehicle, preferably in the trunk.
- Keep your vehicle doors locked and your windows shut.
- If you see anything suspicious or if something just doesn't feel right, leave immediately and contact security or the police.