To protect yourself in bad weather:
- If possible, stay indoors during bad weather.
- Discuss with your parents the safe areas of the house.
- Stay away from glass windows and doors.
- Safe places are usually hallways, closets and bathrooms.
- If you are outdoors and the weather turns bad, go straight home.
- If your home is not close, go to a safe place and call your parents.
- Watch for falling branches and trees.
- If there is lightning, don't stand under trees, try to go into a safe
- Stay indoors until the bad weather is over.