Crime Victims' Services - Resources
Putting Together the Pieces
The Victim Compensation Brochure is available for download in Adobe Acrobat format. The downloaded copy may be read, searched or printed.
- Adult and Child Sexual Assault Protocols: Initial Forensic Physical Examination
- Division of Victim Services and Criminal Justice Programs 2011-2012 Annual Report
- Division of Victim Services and Criminal Justice Programs 2012-2013 Annual Report
- Division of Victim Services and Criminal Justice Programs 2013-2014 Annual Report
- Division of Victim Services and Criminal Justice Programs 2014-2015 Annual Report
- Guide to Victims' Rights and Services in the Criminal Appeals Process
- Guide to Victims' Rights and Services in the Capital Appeals Process
- State Institutions Claims Program
- What is OVC?
This 3-minute video describes OVC's mission and major responsibilities to enhance victims' rights and services for all victims across the United States. The video also provides an overview of the Crime Victims Fund, describes how funding is distributed to the states to provide direct and accessible services, and discusses OVC’s commitment to professionalization of the field through developing new programs, training and technical assistance, and disseminating information about model programs that benefit all victims of crime.
- What is the Crime Victims Fund?
This 2-minute video describes the Crime Victims Fund, a major funding source for victim services throughout the Nation that is made up of fines, special assessments, and forfeited bail paid by people who are convicted of federal crimes in U.S. courts around the country. The video offers information about the various grant programs funded using VOCA dollars and OVC’s collaboration with state administrators of victim compensation and assistance programs.